Sunday, September 7, 2014

The famous Diodata meatballs

I made these for Tom to make up for a tough week. His favorite meal: pasta and meatballs.
The recipe is my Grandmother's. She was a Jewish girl from South Philly who married an Italian guy from South Philly in 1912.  She learned to cook by watching his three sisters and became a premier Italian cook. She also made a fabulous Lamb Stew with Dumplimgs. Don't know where she got that recipe.  Her meatballs were heavenly and live on through the generations. She made them every Sunday morning and I can still remember the aroma of them frying up in the pan. She would save me 
two for breakfast before she dumped the rest into the sauce.  She was the best Grandmother and I only wish I had told her that more often.  She is also responsible for my lifelong love of cooking.





1 comment: